Will you help save a life by donating blood?
I absolutely hate admitting that this will be my first time ever donating! However it is and I’m about to change that! Does anyone else out there have an extreme fear of needles like I do? I guess that has been the road block for me! I have been fortunate enough to have never needed a donation. However I have had numerous family members who have and apparently half of all Canadians will either need blood or know someone who will need blood at some point in their lives. This number is staggering considering only about 4% of Canadians donate!
I recently learned a little about the need for giving blood. Did you know that Canadians are some of the most loyal blood donors in the world? I didn’t… this thrills me though and I can’t wait to be a part of that statistic and help it grow!
Five reasons you should give blood tomorrow (or anytime!)
- Statistics say 100,000 new donors are needed each year to meet the demand.
- It can take up to 50 units of blood to save one car crash victim.
- It can take up to 8 units per week to help someone battling leukemia.
- It only takes one donation to help save a life!
- You might need it yourself one day… that’s a good enough reason for me!
Check this video out
Come on down…
So please come out to donate blood with me in Newmarket and cheer me on as I battle through the fear of the needle and give my first donation! If you see me there come and say hi!! Or if you have any advice for how to deal with some of that fear PLEASE SHARE!! Any help appreciated!
For more information on this clinic or others you can check out www.blood.ca